Top 10 facts about Bulgaria!
- Corporate tax: Bulgaria has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the EU, namely 10%.
Bulgaria also signed nearly 70 double tax treaties!
- Personal income tax. Bulgaria has the LOWEST personal income tax rate in the EU, 10% and a dividend tax of only 5%.
- Wages. The wages in Bulgaria are one of the lowest in Europe. Also the minimum salary is the lowest in the EU.Furthermore,the social security contributions on salaries are very low.
- Business costs. Bulgaria is a very cheap country for doing business. The business costs are the lowest in the EU.
- Labour force. Bulgaria has a highly-qualified, well-motivated, flexible and multilingual labour force. A few figures: 60 000 students annually graduate from 51 universities, 98% of the high school students study a foreign language (usually English) and 73% study a thirdlanguage (mainly German, French, Spanish, Russian).
- Outsourcing. Bulgaria is the best destination in Europe for the development of outsourcing based on the ranking of ‘Cushman & Wakefield’.
- Less financial risk. The Bulgarian lev (BGN)is fixed to the EUR(1 EUR = 1.9558 BGN). Banking is possible in euros. You will find that all the major banks in Bulgaria provide English E-banking.
- Company incorporation. It takes only one day to register a new company. The minimal start-up capital is only 1 EUR and you will be provided with your VAT-number several working days later. In general there are less restrictions and administrative procedures than for instance in Western Europe.
- EU-funds. There are plenty of opportunities to get EU-funding for your projects in Bulgaria. Government policy is also focused on building a favourable business climate for foreign investors.
- Safe and stable.Bulgaria has a low crime rate. Bulgaria is a stable democracy and full part of the EU, WTO and NATO with the second lowest government debt in the EU.